Ajman University is seeking a post-doctoral research associate to serve in full time capacity in its newly established Centre of Medical and Bio-allied Health Sciences Research hosted by the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. A Ph.D. in public health or epidemiology or related fields are required is preferred. A track record of peer reviewed journal publications is required. The successful candidate will conduct research and consultation and participate in scholarly publications related to the scope of the center. In addition, the candidate shall participate in managing the center and provide community training.
Ajman University is a short drive to the vibrant city of Dubai and it is one of the leading universities in United Arab Emirates. It is ranked in the top 750 universities in the world in the latest QS world ranking.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- PhD in public health or epidemiology or related fields are required
- Academic and/or work experience of at least 2 years
- Track record of scholarly productivity of research funding, conference proceedings and publication in reputable peer reviewed journals.
- Record of collaborative and interdisciplinary research/projects is an advantage
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop plans for project or study guidelines for project prepared by academic staff members to outline research procedures to be followed.
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Prepare materials for research ethics committee review
- Conduct research, utilizing institution library, archives, and collections, and other sources of information, to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate facts.
- Analyze, evaluate and compose obtained data
- Report and disseminate findings and outcomes:
- Conduct literature reviews
- Prepare questionnaires, interview questions, data collection forms
- Recruit participants and/or interview subjects
- Collect and analyze data
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Summarize project results
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project
- Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
- Prepare and monitor project budget
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods is required
- Knowledge and experience with statistical programs such as SPSS, STATA, etc. are required
- Knowledge and experience with specialized software such as NVivo is required
- Work and communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Deliver positive and dynamic team operations and outcomes
- Work in a planned and managed way